Hit your target in the grounds of our historic RAF small arms range
Turnberry Adventures is located on a former World War II RAF base on the west coast of Scotland. As such, the site benefits from a historic RAF small arms range and our exceptional six lane 30m air rifle range is retrofitted into this facility. Positioned adjacent to our archery range it offers similar weather proof facilities where you will be firing from within the comfort of a cabin to ensure the unpredictable Ayrshire weather does not interrupt your air rifle experience. We can offer you the latest in pneumatic air rifle guns utilising pre-compressed air, auto load magazine and telescopic sight. To top the experience off admire your “peppered” targets which serve as a fun memento of your marksmanship skills.
What to expect:
- Your air rifle instructor will explain the structure of the activity session and assess any prior experience.
- You will be introduced to any safety aspects of the range and issued with required safety equipment.
- Your air rifle experience will start with a explanation of the rifle, its parts and how it works.
- The correct firing position and technique for holding the rifle, followed by loading, aiming and releasing the pellet will then be demonstrated by the instructor before you have a chance to put it all into practice.
- Your session will be progressive, starting a 5m spinning targets and then increasing the range to 15m and 30m targets.
- historic site, weather proof, latest pneumatic air guns